Sunday, April 29, 2007

Deadman ? - not quite...



Dianne, Malcolm and I made a trip into Deadman Bay today to find and explore the wreck usually known as the HMS Psyche. This proved to be a minor challenge in viz that was only about 15 feet, but we succeeded. Measurements were taken for the record; Length overall 156 feet, Beam couldn't be accurately assessed - she's too broken up. The Keel timber was 15" deep by 12" wide and the ribs 12". She lies pointing down the Bay at 230 Magnetic.

A huge Pike was spotted on the journey back down to exit at the CFB Marina and Malcolm spotted a Turtle close to the wreck. Around the Marina, there were also large shoals of Perch (literally dozens of fish).

Preparing to exit at 71 minutes - Dianne and I were prevailed upon to assist with a mooring task for the Sailing Club. This proved moderately interesting - especially fingertip searching for a Clevis I dropped at one stage. Total time for all the elements of the dive - 1 hour 49 minutes. It's clear the water is warmer. We recorded 42F (6C). Of course, it takes the chill off when you're hauling chains around too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAZILTOURGUIDE

I loved your blog!
I’ll come back soon.
if you like travels and to know about
take a look in my blog.
thank you!

http://www.braziltourguide.blogspot.com

SteveC said...

I know its a shallow dive but are you making air down there?

Kingstondivepro said...

Steve - it's just a matter of taking your time - AND using a large capacity tank to start with..

Bear in mind, the work on mooring took us up to the surface for intervals and discussions too. The time shown is total time in the water - but sometimes only up to our necks in it...

Let me know if I can drop your shirt off this week..