Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Moods...



The onset of Spring is really evident these days. The thin mist at Brewer's this morning presaged a warm, still day that made diving a delight. Add the joy of watching a young fox run below the canal bank and a group of four Bufflehead Ducks diving on the upper stretch and it doesn't get much better.

Dianne, Jeremie, Chris and I spent between 47 and 64 minutes in the water, which was a comfortable 39F (4C). Air temperatures of 6C (43F) on arrival had risen to 10C (50F) by the time we headed out. The viz was pretty standard at about 15-20 feet - more in places. No significant underwater sightings.

The biggest surprise of the day came when I got home and hung up my drysuit. Retrieving a data logger I keep in my pocket, a crayfish (only small - maybe an inch long) dropped out with it. The little fellow seemed unharmed and I'll take him back to a more appropriate environment later on today...

No comments: