Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Big Freeze...




Jeremie and I headed for Rockport today on the understanding that there was a small area of open water that might allow us to dive. The area proved to be very small - sufficient only for ice divers to use for entry, and exit, I guess...

We retired to Dive-Tech to complain about the conditions only to receive the encouraging news that there may not be any open water available for several weeks. The prediction is that the first area to open up will be the dock at Prescott. We will see. In the meantime, I will monitor the local Kingston sites for any signs of open water.

I guess the bottom line is that I encourage anyone who isn't committed yet to sign up for the ice diving course over the weekend 16-18 February. This might be the best way to get wet in the near future. Unless, of course, you have some spare air miles...

No comments: