Friday, June 25, 2010

Time to get Wet Baby!

Wet Suit Season has begun =)
Short post folks but heres the Skinny (something I've never been accused of!)
Waters warm enough for wet suits, and this sad excuse for a seal shed his dry suit for a 61 minute dip at the Marine Museum today. Mark-Etienne and myself got pretty lucky with an afternoon off and the chance for a nice leisurly dive with favorable weather up top. The great weather made me pause for the oppurtunity to go wet, something I personaly prefer diving, due to the exended range of movement a wet suit offers. I think my computer is broken becuase it registered me at 40 feet for 61 minutes. Now I know the lake has risen some since the recent rains. The lake has likley also let some extra water volume in via the canals that connect to Superior, however it was still a surprise. I allways thought the barge was 36 feet on average. Vis was not so hot, mostly around 10-20 feet in different areas, and you could clearly see mini thermocline cloud at 20 feet. The Temp below never got below 62F and mostly hovered at 66. Dont ask about yesterday when I felt like a land locked seal pretending to "golf" in the morning during the morning monsoon we had. I was so wet I went home and got swiming shorts on for the remainder of the golf day after the 1st hole. I wished this dive wouldnt end, but at 700 psi and an hour under it was time to call it a day.

2 pics just to prove I was wet today from M-E:
Yours in fun safe diving.
Matt the knife guy

No comments: