Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jack Frost nipping at your heels!



Jack frost nipping at your heels!

Testing testing .. 1....2.... 3.... Is this thing working?
Ok so its been forever and a day since I got the urge to put fingers to keyboard.
Just becuase its winter doesnt mean you can't dive! You just have to be prepared.. for things like frozen masks and freeflowing regulators. Fortunatly none of that happened.
Mike Todd and I all decided to get some quality time in the drink today.
No video today file size is to large unfortunatly, However its on my face book.
Mike had a couple of freinds up from Belleville to add to the fun. However underweighting was a problem and they had to cut the dive short. Funny that nearly happend to me, as i like to rotate the gear I wear to varying degrees of warm as the season gets colder.
I took the oppurtunity to test out a new ikelite camera rig based on the canon SD780 IS. Ironically the camera was the cheapest part of the whole damn thing. The flash diffuser was n/s right off the bat so the particulate on my pictures were a bit fuzzy from the crap in the drink. Overall its a success and I look forward to more time with this system.
Conditions were good with great vis till we got to the wreck. waters were calm, and no current to notice. The water temp is dropping, as Mike mentioned todays was somewhere around 44F.

As allways dive with a knife!

No comments: