Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wreck? What Wreck?

Hi all,

Ashley, Pierre, Scott and I made the trip from Kingston to Brockville to dive the Lilly tonight. If you love to drift dive you missed out tonight. The current was amazing. The usual 8 min drift off the Lilly was done in 3 min tonight. Sorry I can't tell you what shape the Lilly was in because I am sure Scott and Pierre moved it so Ashley and I couldn't see it. We never did see the wreck. Scott and Pierre did but we didn't. Once we got in the water the current was moving so fast that if you missed the chain to take you down to the Lilly there was no way you could swim back to the chain. Ashley and I just gave up and enjoyed the drift. We did see some nice size fish who were also having trouble swimming against the current. For those of you who would like to know the water temp was 59 degrees on the river tonight. I would like to thank Tom from Underwhere for a great dive tonight. For those of you who can't make the Wednesday night dives Tom runs a walk on dive on Monday nights. If you are interested just let me know and I will give you his phone number. He leaves the docks at St-Lawrence Park in Brockville at 6:00p.m.

No comments: