Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Great way to spend a Saturday










11 club members found a great way to spend Saturday. Not only did we have 3 great dives we were also able to get a glimpse of some of the Poker run boats as well.

We met at 1000 Island Pleasure Divers in Rockport yesterday and entered US waters to see the one wreck that everyone seems to love to visit, the Keystorm.

After a great lunch and some snacks we then moved on to the America. With the sound of the poker run boats roaring overhead we followed the line down to the America. The fish here were plentiful.

The first sight to great us were pike that was easily about 1 1/2 feet long as well as a very large pickerel. As we hovered over the wreck I counted 14 bass that varied in size just floating about 3 or 4 inches over the top of the boat. After a thorough investigation of
the wreck we then turned the dive.

During our next surface interval we had a nice leisurely boat ride through the 1000 islands to Deere Island and our next dive. This dive was a nice leisurely drift along the wall at Deere Island. Unless you were with me. Apparently (so I am told) you are not suppose to swim on a drift dive!!! I am told that we blasted by the others who entered the water before us. I just thought the others were slow! I had things to see and places to go. I don't know where I was going but I was going.

It was nice to spend the day with some old friends and new ones. Thank you to Captain Rick for a wonderful day. I would also like to thank those who made the day happen. Thank you Rick, Geoff, Billy and Jenny we couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: