Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Double the tanks, double the fun....




My sincere thanks goes out to Matt and Bernie who boldly volunteered to assist me in trying out my double-tank setup in the Route 15 Quarry this evening. We met up at the quarry for 17h00, and hit the water shortly after. I "guess-timated" on my weight requirements to find out after the dive that doubles require considerably less ballast. Lesson learned. Thankfully, I didn't install a V-weight... Contrary to a single-tank setup, doubles are more sensitive to tip; they will flip you upside down if you are not mindful of your position in the water. After this evening's initiation to diving with doubles, my impression is this : doubles diving is like learning to ride a bike.. It takes a while to get your balance and a feel for the gear, but once you get used to it, you truly enjoy the ride.... Maximum depth on the dive : 34 feet. Dive time : 53 minutes. Water temp : 45 deg F.



No comments: